Do you have large marine or industrial engines that aren't running how they used to? Emissions issues? Due for an overhaul? We can help.
AB Industries is New Zealand’s Premier Engine Reconditioners, operators can now take advantage of the most modern and technically advanced diesel engine reconditioning and testing facilities ensuring performance, reliability and value for money. Our facilities are equipped with some of the most advanced specialist equipment for all engine repairs and engine reconditioning as well as offering a complete engine rebuilding service.
Whether you require a full Premium Engine Rebuild or a cylinder head machined, we offer a competitively priced, reliable and accurate Engine Reconditioning service that we tailor to meet your specific requirements.
As the Leading Engine Reconditioners in Australasia we carry out overhaul and rebuilding of diesel and gas engines for transport, marine, heavy industrial and stationary applications, including specialist machining for engine components, dynamometer, crack, UV and dye penetrant testing.
Our workshop prides itself on its ability to handle almost any engine machining jobs, from the smallest to the largest, all done within a very fast turnaround time.
We guarantee all our workmanship and provide written warranties on all fully reconditioned engines.
AB Industries has a strong reputation for service and quality as one of the best Engine Reconditioners
with the highest standard of workmanship, we have endeavored to ensure that our workshops contain only machining equipment of a type that will provide superior accuracy and finish to all jobs.
A brief overview of the engine overhaul process is:
Ask us about an engine or component rebuild to suit your requirements
Stage 1 - Clean/Inspect/Report
Stage 2 - Machining
Stage 3 - Assembly/Testing
|Dismantle engine and components
- Hot Tank
- Acid Dip
- Alloy Cleaning
- Hot Wash
- Steam Clean
- Crack Test (certified to AS 2062-1997 and AS 1171-1998)
- UV & Dye Penetrant Test
- Pressure Test
- Generate written reports
- Consultation with client
- Mill heads and manifolds
- Surface grind heads and manifolds
- Machine valves and seats
- Line bore cam tunnels
- Alloy/cast welding
- Injector tube replacement
- Machine rockers and cross-heads
- Fit helicoils
- Machine block faces
- Line bore main tunnels and cam bearings
- Bore and sleeve cylinder bores
- Upper and lower counter bore repairs
- Crankshaft and camshaft grinding and repairs
- Recondition auxiliary components
- New parts where necessary
- Assemble short block, long block, or complete engine
- Run on our in-house dynamometer
- Report documentation
- Pick-up and delivery in greater Auckland area
- Warranty same as or better than OEM (Premium Rebuilds only)
- Accredited to ISO9001:2008 for quality assurance