Compressor Overhauls | Component Overhauls| Gearbox Remanufacture | Bearing Manufacture
Examples of work done for the food processing industry are:
- Overhaul and re-manufacture of screw compressors. Re-sleeve housing bores and reclaim damaged tips on screw compressor rotors as well as supply whitemetal bearings for most models of screw compressors.
- Manufacture and supply of bearings and components for refrigeration industry rotary screw compressors.
- Component reconditioning for Cooper Bessemer integral compressor 16 250 gas engine.
- Analysis of repair options and the subsequent refurbishment of turbine rotor, manufacture of new turbine bearings and refurbishment of turbine gearbox bearings. This is a 7MW steam turbine running at 7000RPM.
- Overhaul of 9000RPM, 490kW Allen Steam Turbine gearbox for a salt refinery. The high speed pinion had failed. AB Industries supplied a replacement pinion and re-machined the gearbox casing to true up all the bores, then re-assembled the turbine.